This is (a first cut at) a sticky-post or landing post for mdlbear.dreamwidth.org. I intend for it to be edited rather than replaced, so the link should stay the same.
... is what I call the fractal you see in my default icon. The Mandelbear is infinitely fuzzy, being a two-dimensional cross-section of a four-dimensional object. It occasionally manifests as an elderly hacker-songwriter, and sometimes as a Middle-Sized Bear.
These tags mark ongoing series of posts (and are mostly lifted from the post I made last Thursday introducing NaBloPoMo, with a couple of additions and edits.
- curmudgeon - The Computer Curmudgeon
- This series is a combination of public service announcements, mostly about security- and privacy-related events, and longer informational pieces. These posts are cross-posted onto computer-curmudgeon.com. I'd like to work up to one or two per week.
- done - Done Since...
- Posted every Sunday (sometimes delayed or advanced depending on
conventions and where the end of the month falls), this contains my
summary of the week followed by (under a cut tag) the week's worth of
to.dofile entries. The format of the to.do entries is described in How to.do it, and has been described as sort of an online bullet journal.
- river - The River
- These are posts about, ... Hmm. What are they about? Love, friendship, grieving, ... I guess the overall theme is emotions.
- thanks - Thankful Thursday
- My weekly gratitude posts. I'm not entirely consistent about these -- you will occasionally see a "Thankful Friday". There's (almost) always one on (American) Thanksgiving. Of course.
- Posts about my finances.
- meta -- Posts about the blog itself, and other self-referential stuff.
- Conventions and other annual events get a pair of tags: the name of the event, and the year.
There are lots more; those are just the more important ones.
- computer-curmudgeon.com. Strictly about computers and software, with the vague hope of finding something that people might find worth paying for.
- Lookingglass Folk -- my current band.
- steve.savitzky.net -- My "personal" website, including my songs, concerts, and CDs
- stephen.savitzky.net -- My "resume" website. This has links to my profiles on LinkedIn and a few other places.
NaBloPoMo stats: 4728 words in 10 posts this month (average 472/post) 398 words in 1 post today