Thankful Thursday
2026-06-25 03:07 pmToday I am thankful for...
- Ticia, and the team at Dierencrematorium Haaglanden, who brought her ashes home to us a little while ago. Her sympathy card reads "In elke herinnering ben jij nog steeds bij mij (In every memory you are still with me)" on the outside, and "Als liefde een trap kan bouwen / en henneringen een brug / dan klommen we hoog de hemel in / en haalden we je weer terug (As love can build a staircase / and memories a bridge / Then we'd climb high into the sky / And bring you back to us)" inside.
- Memories that are sad, but good.
- Concentrated cold brew coffee (see last week's post for link.) Just the thing on a 30°C day.
- Linux Weekly News (lwn.net), which also gets posted on Thursdays, and some of the other weekly news sites it links to -- the ones I usually read are DistroWatch Weekly and Emacs News.
- And of course Linux and Emacs, which are the underpinnings of my working environment. (Web browsers and version control came along later -- first there had to be a world-wide web and open-source version control.)
no subject
Date: 2026-06-27 08:43 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-06-27 08:51 am (UTC)Thanks. I've been having some trouble with my posting software lately, so I re-posted manually. Duplicate removed.